Lucian is a member of the Bucharest Bar since 2008 and one of the founding lawyers of Rizoiu & Poenaru SCA.
Lucian gain experience working for one of the top 10 law firms in Romania, where he became senior associate in January 2012. His professional experience started with various traineeship stages during the law school and, after graduation, with the Economic Mission of the French Embassy in Bucharest.
During more than eight years of experience as a lawyer, Lucian successfully assisted and represented clients in the fields of civil law, corporate, commercial law, intellectual property, criminal law and labour law.
Lucian is specialized in procurement projects and corporate law, assisting either the seller or the buyer in high value transactions and supporting them in negotiating and drafting shares transfer agreements and related documents. He Lucian offers legal advice in corporate issues of varied complexity and in settlement of issues concerning the staff, drafting due diligence reports, contracts and other legal documents.
Lucian’s activity is also focused on legal consultancy activities and representation in litigations in issues related to copyright protection and related rights. The legal activities performed concern, among others, issues related to personal data protection and the legal protection of the copyright and industrial property right, negotiation of contracts with cable operators and aspects concerning the relations with NAC.
Among the most recent projects are:
- Assisting the main supplier of high performance medical imaging and cancer treatment services in Europe in signing an agreement of purchase of several diagnostic centres;
- Assisting a Romanian company member of a worldwide producer of industrial and commercial cleaning products and services in day-by-day legal activities;
- Assisting an important medical centre in expanding its medical clinics network in the country by purchasing the entire participation in various companies in the field;
- Offering legal assistance to a medical imaging group concerning the development of its network in Romania;
- Assistance offered to an international supplier of services of maintenance for medical equipment in purchasing the shares in a local company and in the integration on the Romanian market;
- Assistance offered to an important European group offering financial, HR and IT services in restructuring its board of directors in the local market company and in issues related to labour law and personnel policies;
- Assistance offered to an important foreign broadcaster in structuring its activity and offering services in Romania, and the representation thereof for the recovery of the debts from the local broadcasters;
- Representation of an important operator of teleshopping services in issues related to the infringement of its industrial property rights.
Lucian graduated the Faculty of Law of the University of Bucharest and Université Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne, Collège Juridiques Franco-Roumain d’Etudes Européennes in 2007; he obtained a master’s degree in 2008 awarded by the Faculty of Law of the University of Bucharest and and Université Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne, Collège Juridiques Franco-Roumain d’Etudes Européennes and obtained the PhD in Law from the Faculty of Law of the University of Bucharest with a thesis in the field of criminal copyright infringements.
Lucian cooperates with the private department of the Faculty of Law of the University of Bucharest, an Instructor, leading seminars in Intellectual Property and special contracts.