Mihaela has been a member of the Rizoiu & Poenaru team since her admittance to the Bucharest Bar in 2014. She graduated the Faculty of Law of the University of Bucharest in 2014, holds a Master’s Degree in Business Law, and is currently undertaking Ph.D. studies within the same Faculty.
Starting with the year 2013, in the performance of a private scholarship agreement with one of the leading law firms in Central, Eastern and South-Eastern Europe, Mihaela contributed in assisting clients which play a major role in the energy sector with the development of renewable energy production projects.
Mihaela specialises in offering legal assistance in projects involving corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, commercial contracts, banking and finance law, competition law, energy law and personal data protection.
Some of the most important projects in which Mihaela was recently involved in are:
- Advising an important provider of medical imaging and cancer treatment services in in expanding its network through the acquisition of private clinics in Romania;
- Advising a European group of companies in connection to implementing remedies as a result of a transaction subject to conditional approval of the Competition Council;
- Assisting and representing a major energy consumer in disputes arising from its agreements with its energy suppliers and in various issues raised by the Romanian environmental authorities;
- Assisting and representing a group of non-metallic mineral products producers on matters related to developing a hydro power plant business;
- Providing day-to-day legal assistance to an important European provider of financial, HR and IT services in matters related to reorganizing its corporate structure, its relationship with clients and suppliers, personal data protection and personnel policies.
Mihaela is a teaching assistant within the private law department of the University of Bucharest Faculty of Law, conducting seminars for Civil Law. Starting with the year 2015, Mihaela has contributed, as a coach, to the training of the team representing the Faculty of Law of the University of Bucharest at the „Willem C. Vis” moot court competition. She also participates, as arbitrator, in the ranking of the attending teams. In 2014, Mihaela was part of the team of students representing the Faculty of Law of the University of Bucharest at this moot competition, when the team obtained remarkable distinctions both in the oral rounds of the competition and in its written stage.